Dorothy was right. There’s no place like home.
Online fundraising has become an increasingly popular way for individuals and organizations to raise money for various causes and projects. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of online fundraising:
- Wide reach: One of the major advantages of online fundraising is the ability to reach a wide audience. With the internet, it is easy to share your fundraising campaign with people all over the world, which can increase your chances of reaching your fundraising goal.
- Content: With your own site you can make your case through audio, video and text…all on the same site or through email.
- Time: There are no time restrictions. Internet fundraising operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, tirelessly, without having to knock on any doors.
- Low cost: Online fundraising platforms are often low-cost or free, which means you can keep more of the money raised for your cause. This is especially helpful for smaller organizations or individuals who may not have the budget for more traditional fundraising methods.
- Convenience: Online fundraising is convenient for both donors and fundraisers. Donors can make donations from anywhere with an internet connection, and fundraisers can set up and manage their campaigns from their own computer or device.
- Increased transparency: Online fundraising platforms often provide tools that allow fundraisers to track the progress of their campaigns and provide updates to donors. This can increase transparency and help to build trust with donors.
- Competition: With the increasing popularity of online fundraising, there is more competition for donors’ attention. This can make it harder to stand out and attract donations.
- Fraud: Unfortunately, online fundraising platforms can be vulnerable to fraud, which can damage the reputation of legitimate fundraisers and discourage donors from giving.
- Dependence on technology: Online fundraising relies on technology, which can be unreliable. If a website goes down or there are technical issues, it can disrupt the campaign and make it more difficult to reach your fundraising goal.
- Limited options for payment: Some online fundraising platforms may not accept all forms of payment, which can limit the options available to donors.
Overall, online fundraising can be a useful and convenient way to raise money for a variety of causes and projects. However, it is important to be aware of the potential advantages and disadvantages and to carefully.
Now your supporters can choose from a number of profitable products (from the comfort of their homes) – Katydids, cookie dough, discount restaurant certificates, flower bulbs and tons more – all online, and without knocking on any doors.
It works a lot better than other online fundraising platforms, such as donation websites since you don’t have to rely solely on people’s generosity to reach your goals.
Plus, you can do this fundraiser in conjunction with any other fundraiser because it’s FREE, is completely online and works 24/7, year ’round.
What do you have to lose? Fundraisers (and online fundraising websites) don’t get any easier than this.
Go to Fundraising.com for the nitty gritty, or call toll-free 1-866-216-2080.