The best and most effective fundraisers are those that are unusual and rarely seen. A college fundraiser that takes skill, effort and time to carry out will normally yield the greatest results and create the best atmosphere. One of the keys to a successful fund raiser is relevance, essentially supplying a product that people will either want or need.
Good fundraisers should not just raise money, but also provoke interest in the school and talent in the area, in this way a fundraiser can become a part of the community and not just a business exercise.
Fundraising ideas for college can vary from selling candy to candles and cookbooks to calendars as well as a thousand other variations and ideas.
Many schools use door-to-door sales techniques for selling fundraising products. While this has proven effective for many groups, there are some exciting new ways to raise money without wearing holes in your shoes.
I like fundraisers that offer a viral element and pay dividends over and over again without
additional effort. Here are some college fundraisers that are especially well-suited to college-age students:
- Café Press – get a FREE web store and sell custom made (design your own) merchandise like t-shirts, hoodies, hats, etc. without having to stockpile anything.
- Pizza fundraiser – do you know any college students who don’t like pizza?
- Affinity programs – students are usually on the cutting edge of technology, why not make money from it?
- Magazines – no more door-to-door sales. It’s all done by email!
- College sports fundraising – if you’re raising money for a team, this is a must see.
- Bracelets – they’re hip and they’re cheap and they sell fast.
- Rubber duck race – fun college competition.