Basketball never comes cheap and involves a lot of expenses for uniforms, equipment, tournaments or travel. That’s why the teams are always in need for money, sponsors and for interesting basketball fundraising ideas, which can bring up a lot of profit.
Fundraising at basketball games and team events
One of the best moments to raise money is right during the game itself. The location is perfect since it’s a high traffic area and the fans would do anything to support their teams. The most popular products used in basketball fundraising are:
- Wristbands with the name of the team on them;
- Holographic key chains;
- Scratch cards which can bring up to 80% profit;
- Sport lollipops in the shape of the basketball;
- Bottled water makes a very good idea since the supporters get hot and thirsty, etc.
Go where the sports fans are
- Spot the busy areas and start selling your products there;
- Set up a table where fans and patrons meet, and explain the goals of the fundraising and the benefits for the team;
- Be sure there is always someone available to answer questions, sell products and collect money;
- Since people will be coming to your games anyway, you won’t have to advertise very much for your fundraising.
The 3-on-3 basketball fundraiser tournament
More sports and basketball fundraising ideas